2021 WBN Leadership Series
2021 is the perfect year for a fresh start, and we’re here help you pave the way with our educational and informational Leadership Series! Held January 19, 20, & 21st, each virtual hands-on workshop is designed to help you cultivate a set of skills that will grow your business, strengthen your network and help you improve as a leader.
Each day will feature a motivational theme, with a morning workshop at 10am, a self-care workshop at 1pm, and an afternoon workshop at 4pm. We’ll end the week with a virtual networking and happy hour on Thursday at 5:30pm. These valuable workshops are free to members of the Women’s Business Network, and may be attended by non-members with the purchase of a three day, all-access pass for $30.
Not only will these dynamic workshops give you techniques to improve your life and business immediately, WBN members can earn Chapter Challenge points for attending sessions. Members will also earn an entry into our $100 door prize drawing courtesy of HLC Bookkeeping for each session that they attend. Winner to be announced after the completion of the Leadership Series.
Registration is simple: Just CLICK HERE to register for the series, and check off each session that you plan to attend. It is important to register for each session that interests you, so that you can receive participant handouts and resources in a timely fashion. Our simple registration process allows you to only register once and choose your sessions for the entire event!
Leadership Series Lineup
Tuesday – Who You Are and Who You Want to Be
10AM– Exploring Who You Are As a Leader
- Speaker Ariel Mookherji will guide us through a leadership assessment tool that will help us identify, explore, and best utilize our own unique leadership styles.
1PM – Using Nutrition as a Weapon in the War with Stress
- After she explains the effects that stress and inflammation can have on your body, nutrition expert Laura Zervos will introduce us to the benefits of understanding the Mediterranean Diet, why it’s been so helpful for so many, and also examine eating patterns.
4 PM – Manifesting your Vision Using SMART Goals
- Life Coach Sandhya Maheshwari will help participants understand, define and explore SMART goals as a way to achieve more in 2021.
Wednesday – Getting Things Done
10AM – Manage your Mind, Manage your Time, and Build Success
- Expert in Conflict Resolution and Facilitation, Rita Graham will give us the tools we need to analyze how we spend our time, and help us explore ways that we can better prioritize our day.
1PM – Little Ways to Take Care of Yourself When You’re Short on Time and Space
- Did you know that you could turn your office into a gym with just a few simple stretches you can do at your desk? Join Dr. Alivia Shoop as she gives us the tools we need to take care of our bodies while we work.
4 PM – Why Doing it All Yourself Doesn’t Work
- Are you the CEO in your own life or do you take on everything and work yourself to the brink of sanity? Join Michelle Teague, Business Services Consultant, as she helps us explore delegation techniques and new ways to ask for help from those around you.
Thursday – Cultivate a Positive Mindset
10AM – Identifying your Concerns and Learning How to Build Influence
- Using the foundation built by Stephen Covey, business owner Kelly Motter will walk us through exploring our Circles of Influence, Circles of Concern and how we use that identification to prioritize our lives as well as build our influence.
1PM – Simple Ways to Practice More Mindfulness
- As a Professional Counselor Christine Sumner has useful tips and tricks we can use to practice more mindfulness as part of taking care of ourselves.
4 PM – Setting Boundaries in Life So You Can Achieve More
- Whether you want better relationships, improved health, business growth, effective leadership skills, or you just want to live in peace and happiness, boundaries are the foundation underlying success in just about all areas of your life. Join us for this series wrap up as business owner and WBN President, Tracy Montarti, along with special guest and success coach, Stacy Raske, help you identify what areas to target to get you on the quickest path to living your best life.
5:30 PM – Virtual Networking and Happy Hour
- Join us for an informal hour of networking and discussion. Meet new members, reconnect with someone you haven’t seen for a while, and exchange information and ideas you gained from our workshop!
Kelly has been a State Farm Agent for 4 years and prior to that was a Senior Store Manager for The Men’s Wearhouse where she learned most of her sales and leadership skills. Her office is located on Freeport Rd. in Cheswick and finds being a business owner a rewarding and challenging experience being a business owner, especially in 2020. Kelly and her husband live in New Kensington with their 5 rescue dogs. She is a member of the Allegheny Valley Chapter. You can learn more about Kelly at www.agentkelly412.com.
Sandhya Maheshwari is a Transformational Life Coach and her business is LOTUS LIFE MASTERY. She has been in the personal and professional training and development industry for over two decades. Her clients produce extraordinary results in their relationships, vocation, health and well-being. Sandhya offers free workshops and complimentary discovery sessions to those who are ready and willing to move beyond where they are to where they would love to be. She empowers her clients with rigor and compassion to create and live a life by design. You can learn more about Sandhya at www.sandhyamaheshwari.dreambuildercoach.com.
Laura Zervos is a Registered Dietitian/Licensed Nutritionist with a background in culinary arts. She operates a private practice in Bethel Park, and also works with clients virtually. Laura helps her clients manage their weight or chronic disease through nutrition and lifestyle modification. She lives in Peters Township with her husband and three children. She is a member of the South Hills Chapter. You can learn more about Laura at www.laurazervos.com.
Christine is a licensed professional counselor and has been trained professionally as a coach through the Institute for Life Coach Training. Through coaching, Christine helps her clients make healthy changes to live life from an authentic, heart-centered perspective. She believes that each person has unlimited potential and holds within the solution to any concern. She is happy to accompany new clients on the path to healing and finding their heart’s joy. Christine utilizes hypnosis in her coaching practice, and she is trained in Heart-Centered Hypnotherapy through the Wellness Institute. When not working, Christine loves to read, watch birds, snuggle with her dog, and watch her boys play hockey. She is a member of the Laurel Highlands Chapter. You can learn more about Christine at heartcenteredhypnosis.com.
Rita Graham, owner of COLEMAN-GRAHAM, is a Facilitation, Conflict Resolution and Training Consultant providing facilitation and training to individuals, teams, organizations and businesses on communication, conflict resolution and leadership development to empower them to succeed in today’s rapidly evolving environment. Rita’s prior 35-years of experience with the PA Department of Environmental Protection combines a unique blend of expertise in environmental and agricultural issues with facilitation, negotiation and training. She is a member of the Laurel Highlands Chapter. You can learn more about Rita at www.colemangraham.com.
Tracy Montarti & Stacy Raske
Tracy Montarti is a long time business owner/portrait photographer and has a strong background in education, community development and nonprofit board work, both overseas and in the US. A transplant from coastal Southern California, she came to Pittsburgh for grad school with Fellowships at Duquesne and CMU, met her husband Eric, and has made Pittsburgh her home. She has been a member of WBN’s South Hills Chapter for 5 years and currently serves as President of WBN. You can learn more about Tracy at www.villamontarti.com
Her special guest, Stacy Raske, is a decorated US Army Veteran of the Iraq War, bestselling author, keynote speaker, leadership mentor, and Soulful Success Coach empowering high performing visionary women leaders and entrepreneurs to create a legacy of impact while enjoying the ride. You can learn more about Stacy at www.stacyraske.com.