WBN Annual Service Project
Each year, WBN chooses a deserving organization for its annual service project. Chapters may submit an application on behalf of an organization they feel would benefit from some type of active participation from our WBN members. Throughout the year, different activities/fundraising opportunities for the service project take place.
A call for applications takes place annually. Learn more about the application requirements.
2020-2021 Service Project
Angela Rose-O’Brien founded Angela’s Angels in 2006. This collaboration began by requesting a donation from Michele Bolish, a former Bridal Salon owner. Michele kicked off this project by donating over 100 “new” gowns, which were earmarked to be utilized for our local financially disadvantaged young women.
Collectively, an extraordinary group of ladies and friends from the Laurel Highlands Chapter of the Women’s Business Network (WBN) immediately helped to launch the project.
Collecting gowns, jewelry, purses, etc., both new and gently worn, to have available for these ‘special’ junior and senior high school girls to wear to the prom, is the foundation of the project. All available items are displayed at various times at a designated location for viewing by the girls in order for them to make the ‘perfect’ selection. Angela’s Angels is the perfect match to these outstanding WBN members’ motto: “Success means even more when it happens to someone special”
We will be learning more about this worthwhile cause as the year progresses, but in the meantime visit their website at angelasangels.org
SERVICE PROJECT CHAIR
Angela Rose O’Brien (Laurel Highlands Chapter)
How To Help
- Donate money to Angela’s Angels (send to PO Box 717, Greensburg, PA 15601)
- Become a Corporate Sponsor to provide funding and generate significant public goodwill
- Become a Corporate Apparel/ Accessories Donor to provide Angela’s Angels clients with new prom-appropriate attire
What can you do?
- Organize a Drive through your company or other organization to collect new or slightly used (recent) gowns
- Donate your gowns and other prom-appropriate attire