(Last updated November 20, 2020)
Greetings WBN Sisters!
As you know, WBN is following the Federal, State and County guidelines for mitigating the spread of COVID.
In the spring we went to all virtual meetings, and then when the State went to “green” we still encouraged virtual meetings but chapters could elect to hold in-person meetings as long as they followed the governmental guidelines while also allowing members who are unable to attend in person to attend virtually.
We are once again experiencing a surge in cases in this region. On Wednesday, Allegheny County Health Director, Dr. Debra Bogen, issued a stay-at-home health advisory. Bogen said people should not leave their homes except to go to work, school, to get groceries and medical supplies. While not specifically closing indoor dining, she did say that everyone should wear masks, both indoors and outdoors, anytime you’re around people outside of your immediate household, even while distanced.
Bogen warned that if the advisory is ignored and the alarming spread of the virus continues, that she will have to enact official public health orders making the stay-at-home advisory mandatory.
Accordingly, the WBN Board of Directors has voted to once again go back to VIRTUAL-ONLY for ALL WBN meetings and events until further notice.
Any chapter needing help setting up their zoom meetings on the WBN Zoom account can contact Elizabeth at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We know that navigating 2020 has been a challenge for everyone and we all want to gather and see our WBN Sisters. Over the years, I have seen first hand the support that our members have given each other in times of crisis. The true strength of WBN is in the bonds we form, and we can continue supporting each other and nurturing those relationships online for a little while longer.
We will eventually be able to gather in-person again, and wow, what a celebration it will be. We just want all of us to be there to see it.
To your success and health,
Virtual Meeting Options. There are many virtual meeting options, including conference call, Zoom and GoToMeeting. WBN uses Zoom with great success, but they are all generally similar.
- Zoom tutorials can be found here https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/categories/201146643 .
- WBN has an account that can be used by one chapter at a time.
- When there are multiple chapters with the same meeting time, the MSC will schedule the Zoom time slots back-to-back, as close to your regular meeting time as possible . If your chapter members cannot attend the new time slot, you have a few options. The easiest is to either use another service or a different Zoom account. Someone in your chapter may already have a paid account they can use, or someone in your chapter can create a free account. Free accounts are limited to 40 minutes, however you can always utilize two zoom sessions with a short break in between. It isn’t ideal, but it can work.
- Alternatively, you may shift meeting times to share the WBN Zoom account or move meetings to another day. Please keep in mind that changing the meeting time needs to work for ALL of the members in your chapter. If you need to figure out when everyone can meet, you can use Doodle.com.
- Encourage chapter members to utilize a computer or tablet for Zoom or download the app to their phone and participate via video. This allows you to see each other which allows for a more in-person feel to the meeting.
- Feel free to explore other virtual options and decide what works best for you as a chapter.