Create A Facebook Business Page
Are you an independent company? If so, one of the first things you need to do is set up your business Facebook page. In the event that you as of now possess a business and don’t have a Facebook page, you ought to set one up as quickly as time permits. With more than 1 billion individuals utilizing Facebook today, if your private company isn’t on Facebook, you are passing up a major opportunity for an extraordinary chance to associate with potential clients.
3 Main Benefits Of Having A Business Page on Facebook
- Connect with your customers. – Getting the local community to like your page allows you to share with those in your area specials, articles related to your business, and news about what might be new with your business.
- Marketing your business is free (with the exception of Facebook ads/boosts). – There is no fee to set up a business page. You must only have a personal page in order to have a business page. You can offer your customers promotions, discounts, and new product announcements.
- Bring traffic to your website and store. – Those interacting with your Facebook page are able to connect to your site or discover your store from the information on your page. Having a business Facebook page just helps more individuals find you when searching for your kind of business.
7 Simple Step To Create A Business Facebook Page
Step #1: Create a Facebook Account. In order to have a business page, Facebook requires you to have a personal Facebook account. Don’t worry about those that like your business page being able to see your personal page. Those who like your business page can only see your business page and not your personal page. All of the posts you create for your business page are posted on/from your business page. So you are always posting as your business.
You will only need to fill in the information below to create your account.
Step #2: Create a Facebook Business Page. When you have signed into your Facebook account, you will have the opportunity to make a business Facebook page. Ensure that you don’t as of now have a page for your business. If you are certain that no page has been made for your business, you can begin by navigating to the upper right hand corner of your Facebook page. You will see n arrow that you can click on to make your page.
Next, you will be directed to choose a category for your business:
- Local Business or Place
- Company, Organization, or Institution
- Brand or Product
- Artist, Band or Public Figure
- Cause or Community
If you are a local business with a physical location, you will want to choose “Local Business or Place.” Then, just enter your address and name of your business to get started.
Step #3: Enter in your business information. Enter your information to complete the basic setup of the page.
- Categories – You will be able to choose three categories that represent your business.
- Description – Describe your business in 155 characters or less so make sure it is descriptive and to the point.
- Website – Include your website so people can go directly to your site from your Facebook page.
Finally, verify that you’re a real business and that you are an authorized representative of that business.
Step #4: Upload your profile picture. Choose an image that is representative of your business and visually appealing. You could use an image of a product, your logo, or an image of yourself. Make sure the photo is a high resolution image.
After adding your profile picture, Facebook will prompt you to add your page to your favorites. Please do so in order ot have your page easily accessible from your homepage of your personal page.
Step #5: Check for duplicate pages. Facebook will then prompt you to see if you have any pages similar to the page that you are creating. If so, do not create a new page for your business as this can confuse customers. If you find another page for your business with likes, continue to use that page instead of creating a new one.
Step #6: Define your audience. Facebook lets you target who you want to show your page to. Everyone will be able to see your page, however, this target audience will help Facebook market your page to the right audience.
Step #7: Finish it up! You have now created your page! However, you are not done yet. There are a few more key steps to make sure your business page is fully filled out.
- Cover Photo – As you did with your profile image, make your cover photo relate to your business. Hover over the top left corner of your current cover photo and click Update Cover Photo. If you don’t currently have a cover photo, click Add Cover Photo.
- Hours – Include your hours to show people when you are open.
- Price Range – Add the price, description, and photo of the products/services you provide.
- Create a button – Choose your button. Options include book now, contact us, call now, or send a message. Link to your website to drive traffic to your site.
Get your page noticed: After you have created and launched your page, get people to Like it and Visit it.
- Invite your friends to like your page. Post some content first, then invite your friends to like it. A page with no likes does not look good for your business.
- Advertise on Facebook. Target extremely specific audiences for minimal costs. Your ads will show to an audience that is targeted to your business.
- Share your page with all of your chapter WBN members and comment on each others posts.