WBN recognizes the outstanding achievements of it’s members in several ways.
- WBN Woman of the Year:The Women’s Business Network, Inc. annually recognizes one of its members who has demonstrated excellence and leadership in her business or profession and in her service to the community and WBN. To be eligible for this award the nominee must have been a WBN member in good standing of WBN for at least six months prior to the date of nomination.
The WBN Woman of the Year demonstrates growth and development of her business or profession and her support of women. She actively contributes to the success of other women in business through hiring, partnerships, subcontracting, etc. She regularly attends her chapter meetings, exchanges referrals, proposes new members, and supports WBN networking events. In addition to WBN, the Woman of the Year actively participates in community service, other women’s organizations, and professional memberships, sharing her leadership skills.
- Annual Jean Walsh Scholarship – a $300 scholarship to be used for continuing education to grow your business.
These members have distinguished themselves by meritorious service in the furtherance of WBN, it’s mission and goals. A member in good standing may be presented to the board of directors for consideration. The board votes to confirm the designation by a three-fourths vote of the full board. Each President of the Board of Directors is an Honorary member upon full completion of her term. Each WBN Woman of the Year is an Honorary Member.
- Service Award – recognizes members who have given meritorious service to WBN.
- Past Presidents – Honorary Members
- Past Woman of the Year – Honorary Members
- Rebecca Reynolds-Young Scholarship -A scholarship given in 2009 in memory of Rebecca Reynolds-Young, former WBN President and founder of the Mt Lebanon Chapter who passed away in 2009.
- Community Service Awards – Given in 2008 and 2009 to members who served the community of Western PA.